Trousers – American Apparel, Blazer – Topman, Shirt – H&M, Trainers – Adidas
Matching pieces are essential in my wardrobe at the moment. What I noticed whilst strolling through the inspiring parts of London is that a lot of people tend to wear matching pieces as in a grey knitted skirt with a matching cropped jacket or a denim suit combined with a chunky jumper underneath. As a result I started thinking about the effect of a suit or matching pieces in general. Seen in so many collections this season like Chanel, Carven or Topshop Unique I noticed that it is actually such a classy way to make an outfit more sophisticated and chic.
What excites me the most is the fact that you can take it to a complete new level and combine just two matching single pieces like trousers and jackets with a plain white shirt instead of a button down, with white trainers instead of brown brogues. There are so many options to give this look your own vibe of style. Speaking of which, a suit is definitely a stylish statement – wether you’re a business man or not, wether you’re a woman or a man, wether you’re young young or old. Totally inspired.
American Apparel Coat, Topman Trousers & Bag, Adidas Trainers
The fashion week maddens has officially begun. When I am thinking back to my first Mercedes Benz Fashion Week experiences I’d never expected how crazy yet absolutely fascinating fashion week would be like. Yesterday I worked for a PR Agency and got to see so many aspects of the fashion industry. More to come soon! Let’s kick off day two.
Photography by Stewart Bywater
Jumper – Urban Outfitters, Trousers – Zara, Boots – ASOS
Pure excitement. Right now I am getting things sorted for London Fashion week starting tomorrow whilst listening to Duke Ellington’s “In a sentimental mood”. This is day I always worked for, the event I always dreamed about and I am hyper enough already. A lot of people don’t know anything about fashion week or either way round and start mocking about the fashion industry. I will stick to my guns and will say that fashion has always been – and probably will always be – my biggest inspiration in life. At this point I am so thankful for the fact that I alway enjoyed the support of friends, family and co-workers and sponsors that made my way to London even possible. I will fill in with all the details what I exactly did at London Fashion Week as soon as possible and am excited to share tons of beautiful images and experiences with you. Speaking of sharing I would like to introduce and support on of my favorite photographers and friends alias the talented Stewart Bywater. We met up on sunday at Trafalgar Square the enjoy the current exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery. Go check his web side and support his work. Embrace each other!
Denim Vest & Backpack c/o adidasNEO, Military Trousers – Topman, Chucks – Converse
#NEONONSTOP 1 pm means Lunchtime. For this Challenge the adiasNEO label asked a few bloggers to show two looks in their cities, one at 1pm and the second at 22pm. I decided to take you guys on a my usual lunch routine in Brick Lane. I work in Shoreditch and Brick Lane is just right around the corner. The place to be in Brick Lane is the Old Truman Brewery, a very good and hip spot for food, art and music. What inspires me the most is the eclectic vibe Brick Lane has to offer. A mix of cheap yet good Indian restaurants, high fashion people and live music acts. At one o’clock you will probably find me around Shoreditch, enjoying all of the beautiful things London has to offer.
The backpack and the denim vest Adidas sent to me went perfectly with the weather. Sporty clothes are always good when it comes to a hard work day at the office. In order to style my outfit a little more I decided to wear my converse chucks like a four year old school boy, meh. After a diet coke and some curly fries you can easily go to a lot of vintage and second hand stores just around the corner. You don’t even have to know their names it’s guaranteed to be a good selection. What I really like about Brick Lane, too, is the fact that you are very close to Liverpool Street Station, one of Londons most beautiful looking connecting train stations, so you always have the chance to escape from the fashion madness as fast as you want!
Instagram has become such an important network for me. Currently I am running three Instagram Accounts, one for my personal blog @ownwayofinspiration and two for the labels I am working for @pyruslondon and it’s sister brand @juniper_rose_x . Spending a lot of time editing photos, improving tag skills I’ve now come to a point where I wanted to mention the power of this innovative app. Unbelievable but true I am know living in London for three weeks and I am still always on the road. Probably the reason why I wanted to share the latest updates with you via the fastest and most beautiful app ever. Let’s start!
- Liverpool Street Station – I get to see this beautiful mix of architecture, big city feeling and loads of business men and women everyday on my walk to work. I am truly inspired by every single moment I am spending at this massive station of London.
- To quote one of my biggest muse Madonna: “Come on, vogue, let your body move to this music” . Pyrus London, the fashion label I am working for, has been published on Vogue UK Label List. What a successful day at the office!
- London in all its glory. Rainy, foggy and moody. The perfect situation for a sunday morning after an exciting night in Dalston. I am so in love with the many rooftops London has to offer.
- Speaking of exciting nights – this was indeed one of the most exciting night since I moved to London at the most beautiful apartment I’ver ever seen in Shoreditch.
- This tiny little street was inspiration for J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter. It’s so cozy, isn’t it? You can find it on the way from Liverpool Street Station to Brick Lane.
- The most amazing Gin Tonics I enjoyed with my precursor intern Catie at the gin bar called The Oliver Conquest. Can you believe that Pixie Lott is DJ-ing a lot of times there?
- My very tiny and cozy room. I fell in love with my window view the second I’ve seen the apartment. Everyday I wake up I feel like Sex and the City is no longer a dream.
- Last Saturday i had to attend the AIDA fashion event in Shoreditch for work. I really enjoyed my time there with free drinks, Live Music and fashion talk. Thank you guys for having me.
- Somewhere near Liverpool Street Station again. Last sunday I got lost on my way in order to do some grocery shopping and I loved what I got to see.
- Shoreditch House – Two weeks ago I was invited to have dinner and drinks next to this amazing pool on the rooftop with the Owner and Creator of Blanc Encens. This experience was stunning. Thank you again for having me.
- Unbelievable but true – let me introduce you to my working place. The showroom of Pyrus London is located in Shoreditch, the coolest area when it comes to fashion in London. I feel so grateful every time I enter the office. Serious devil wears Prada moment.
- Truman Brewery, such as Bick Lanes hippest spot for food, fashion and lifestyle – Make sure to pop by at the end of august. Pyrus London is throwing a huge sample sale.